STEWARDSHIP GEMS -
1. The most expensive vehicle to operate is the grocery cart.
2. The greatest surprise of Mary's life was receiving a dollar on her
fourth birthday. She carried the bill around the house and was seen
sitting on the stairs admiring it.
"What are you going to do with your dollar?" her mom asked.
"Take it to Sunday School," replied Mary promptly.
"To show your teacher?" asked her mom.
"No," she said. "I'm going to give it to God. He'll be as surprised
as I am to get something besides pennies."
Did You Know That...
- a person who was given a bible as a child or youth is likely to
increase their annual gift by $221/year as an adult
- a person who reads the bible daily gives $545 more a year on
average than those who do not read scripture regularly
- Jesus spoke about money and possessions more than any other
subject (and that includes prayer!)
The single most reliable indicator of a person's giving is church attendance. Those who attend worship twice or more a month give 2-4 times more generously than those who attend sporadically.
Thought these gems might be of interest to you.