RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE - PIE-OLA
Please answer these five questions about pie:
1) Are pies an important part of a holiday meal?
Not necessarily. For Thanksgiving, I make a Pumpkin Mousse dessert
that doesn't require any baking and is lighter and easier to eat
than a heavy, dense pumpkin pie. With just the 2 of us at Christmas,
an apple crisp is easier and smaller. I do miss the mincemeat pie
I used to bake at Thanksgiving when I served at the church where
they made excellant mincemeat. Topped with vanilla bean ice cream
and served warm it was so delicious.
2) Men prefer pie; women prefer cake. Discuss.
Maybe it's the chocolate in the cake that appeals to women.
Give me a good chocolate chip or chocolate oreo cookie over cake or pie
3) Cherries--do they belong in a pie?
I suppose they do. Used to have cherry pie on Washington's B-Day
at the SAR luncheons. If any fruit pie is more gooey than contains fruit -
Ewewww...count me out. Ditto for Cool Whip/Whipped Cream desserts.
4) Meringue--if you have to choose, is it best on lemon or chocolate?
You mean a baked meringue shell? Or like chocolate cream pie?
Make mine French Silk!
5) In a chicken pie, what are the most compatible vegetables? Anything you don't like to find in a chicken pie?
Peas, carrots, leeks, asparagus, broccoli, and corn. Leave out the