Wednesday, March 26, 2008

PRESBYMEME:

This Meme has been going around and I'll take a stab at it.
In 25 words or less:

1. What is your earliest memory of being distinctly Presbyterian?
That would be first grade. I was frustrated at being the only Presbyterian
in my class and not being able to spell it. Growing up in an Italian Roman
Catholic town, I was an anomaly. Made me feel really different. I wanted to
be Lutheran, because it was easier to spell.

2. On what issue/question should the PC(USA) spend LESS energy and time?
Well, gee...mmm...think it might be the sexuality and ordination issue?
It has torn the Episcopal church apart, it's tearing ours apart and the
Lutherans are not far behind.
3. On what issue/question should the PC(USA) spend MORE energy and time?
Spiritual formation, outreach and mission, can anyone say ACTS 2:42?
4. If you could have the PC(USA) focus on one passage of scripture for an entire
year, what would it be?
Colossian 3:12-17
5. If the PC(USA) were an animal what would it be and why?
A sheep that has gone astray by nibbling its way slowly and steadily from
it's center
Extra Credit: Jesus shows up at GA this year, what does he say to the PC(USA)?
see Presbyterian Gal!
Keep it simple. Love me, serve the God's kingdom, love and serve
one another. Pray for one another. Matthew 25:31-46

No comments: