NEVER AGAIN FRIDAY FIVE -
Perhaps you have tried something that everyone assured you was SO MUCH FUN!!! and you swore on a stack of Bibles that you would never ever be dragged to said activity ever again. Was it horseback riding? Rappelling? Ballet class when you were 7?
So share with us 5 Supposedly Fun Things You'll Never EVER Do Again. You may find some commiserating souls among us. A bonus if you share pictures.
1. White water rafting - I rafted the New River once. It was a 2 day trip with
class 4 rapids. Paddling toward impending doom is not my
idea of great fun.
2. Kayaking - tried it on Lake Michigan. Needs a lot of balance. I was promptly
overturned and dumped into the Lake. I'd rather swim than kayak
3. Sailing in a wee Sunfish - once in Seminary with a colleague off Cape Cod. We
went out further from shore than I was comfortable
with. A huge ocean in a tiny boat. Once was enough.
4. Driving to Key West - it wasn't so much the driving, but the driving OVER the
bridges OVER the water that unnerved me. I had the driving
shift that lead us over bridges and bridges. On the way
back, LH drove and I kept my head in a book. Driving over
high bridges over water is a bit of a phobia for me.
5. Making my own Hummus - followed the recipe exactly, from soaking chickpeas
overnight, and adding Tahini. LH and I sat down to dinner
on a very hot summer evening with no air conditioning and
tried to eat the mortar I made. Impossible. You could've
used that hummus to lay bricks! First and last time I
tried to make it. Now you can buy it ready made at the
grocery store and soft enough to actually eat!!!!
Observation - 4 out of the 5 involve water. I love water. I love to swim. Apparently,
it's being in a boat that I can't control that's the issue. Also,
high bridges over water or watery gorges aren't my thing at all.
Funny, cruising on a big boat doesn't bother me at all.