Friday, February 24, 2012

RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE - EMPTINESS

Over at RGBP's, our host noted,I have been pondering this Friday Five over and over in my mind, but I am coming up with nothing, so I am wondering; what do you do when you feel empty of all creativity and unable to make/do anything? This is a completely open question, the only rule is name 5 things that fill/ inspire you:

1. Going to the Art Museum - eye candy and always inspires

2. Going to a book store - somehow I'm like a kid in a candy store, and
one can browse to one's heart content

3. Going to JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Pat Catan's - so much of
so many things, materials, candles, fake flowers, clay, wood,
paints, etc. Good place for jogging creativity. Looking at all
the different patterns, textures and colors of material at JoAnn's
seems to strike in me. Perhaps, because my Mom was a seamstress.

4. Playing with something - clay, markers, craft items, the dogs

5. Praying - sometimes the Holy Spirit doesn't work on my time and
inspiration comes in bits and spurts and at times closer to
a deadline than I would like!!!

BONUS - Gardening - working in the dirt, tending, planting, can all help.
On a whim, I soaked an avocado pit last summer. It's now planted
and has six leaves and delights me every day. It was a long, slow
process though.

Just Sittin' - sometimes just being quiet helps.

Reading Poetry - always touches me and inspires me

Change of scenery - a beach, Lake Michigan, a retreat house,
mountains, forests - creation is a huge
inspiration

A nap - just to let go and sleep on it

No comments: