RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE - BOOKS!
So tell us what you're reading, what you would and would not recommend--five books or authors! And if you don't want to do that freestyle, here are some questions:
1. What books have you recently read? Tell us your opinion of them.
Gunilla Norris' The Mystical Garden. Lovely little book that looks at
gardening and compares it to the garden of our soul. Still in process
of reading The Elegance of the Hedgehog.
2. What books are awaiting your available time to be read?
Paradoxology by Miriam Therese Winter, Fields of Compassion by Judy Cannato, Roots and Wings by Margaret Silf
3. Have any books been recently recommended?
Nope, just the ones that have caught my interest.
4. What genre of books are your favorite, along with some titles and/or authors you like best?
I really liked Jan Karon's The Mitford Series. I have enjoyed and
am awaiting the next installment of the Ladies No. 1 Detective Agency
series by Alexander McCall Smith. I enjoy novels that aren't
depressing (to balance the tragedy we deal with in ministry) and are
uplifting and easy reads, since I read much ministry related items.
5. What have you read lately that you have a strong urge to recommend? (or to condemn?)
See above. Plus, Living with Purpose in A Worn-Out Body by Missy
Buchanon,a devotional for older folks.