Monday, January 31, 2011

RGBP'S Fave Verses Friday Five:

For today's Friday Five, list your five favorite passages/verses from the Bible and tell us something about why you love them.

1. He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)
Had to translate this passage from the Hebrew and contains such a wonderful image of faith, of what God wants, desires, expects of me.

2. Isaiah 35:3, & 8:
After my knee operation, I like that God will make firm my feeble
knees and will build a highway for God's people where not even fools
shall go astray. I find great comfort that I, as a fool, and foolish
though I am, will not go astray.

3. Psalm 149:5 "Let the faithful exult in glory; let them sing for joy
on their couches."
Mmmm...I can love and praise God even from the comfort of my couch!

4. Matt. 22:37-39:
It really doesn't get much simpler than that. That's all I need to
do with my life - Love God with all my being and love my neighbor
as myself. It's also one of the hardest things to do. Therein lies
both the blessing and the challenge.

5. Matt. 28: 20 "And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the
age."
That whether I feel Christ's presence or not, he indeed is with
me to the end. As I am nearing the end of my 51st year and will
be greeting my 52nd birthday, it's nice to know that as one age
ends and another begins, yet Christ is there! Well, that's for
fun! The great comfort is knowing Christ is with us until the
end of time. Always, ever. It's a promise that Christ keeps.

No comments: