Wednesday, November 05, 2008

POST ELECTION BLUES

We will now be paying an extra $1,200.00 + in property taxes for the next 28 years!
How insane is this? I just know the schools will be coming with another levy in a couple years for salaries, etc.
Neither LH nor I are making an extra $1,000.00 a year. Mostly we're just thankful we still have churches to serve that can still afford a full-time pastor at the minimum.
Oh well...we won't here for the next 28 years. We'll have moved on by then either to other calls or to the Final Call to God's eternal glory.
Makes me wonder how much more taxes we'll be paying in the next 4 years. I don't know about you all, but I am feeling taxed out.
Don't get me wrong, I have and do support paying taxes, I have and do support our schools, but when it gets to 27% + that is just too much. That's more than a quarter of all we earn and gaining on becoming a third. Even the church is fortunate to get 10%, what makes government think they need more than a quarter? Those of us who pay our taxes quarterly know what a chunk of change our taxes are. If the rest of wage earners had to pay quarterly, there would have been another Boston Tea Party by now!!!!
I pray for our country, for our new leader, for the wisdom, resolve, and vision to lead. I pray for the safety of our nation, for freedom and peace.

No comments: