RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE - COIN TOSS:
(in reference to giving to Caesar the things that are Caesar's and to God the things that are God's)
1) When was the last time you flipped a coin or even saw one flipped in person?
Long enough that I can't remember!!!
2) Do you have any foreign coins in your house? If so, where are they from?
Quite alot! They are from Switzerland, Greece, France, Philippines, Scotland,
Germany, South Africa and Canada. We always keep a few coins as souvenirs.
We also have Swiss Francs for our next trip.
3) A penny saved is a penny earned, they say. But let's get serious. Is there a special place in heaven for pennies, or do you think they'll find a special place in, well, the other place?
I could live without pennies and the country could save much in production without the penny. My vote is the nickel being the new penny and everything could be rounded off to 5 cents.
4) How much did you get from the tooth fairy when you were a child? and if you have children of your own, do they get coins, or paper money? (I hear there may be some inflation.)
Let's see, back in the old days that would be a quarter! I hear kids get at least a dollar these days!!
5) Did anyone in your household collect the state quarters? And did anyone in your household manage to sustain the interest required to stick with it?
LH is the collector in our house although I contributed quarters that I had and received with him. He is also into numismatics and collects paper money from various and sundry eras and times, although mostly US.