Wednesday, September 04, 2013

SHORT WEEK

For a short week, it's been busy! Spent Labor Day morning mostly in the kitchen preparing a Mediterranean Eggplant, Zucchini, Quinoa Salad with Kalmata olives, and cherry tomatoes. It involved roasting the eggplant and zucchini - fortunately only one small tray got too roasted! It was really delicious. My SILS drove in for the afternoon and we enjoyed their company, skyped with their older brother and wife in Canada, and ate well - the salad, grilled Italian Sausage, green salad and cheesecake from Trader Joe's with a selection of various kinds with and without chocolate.
I went into the church office Tuesday instead of Monday and again today. Tomorrow I work on my sermon and do a bit of grocery shopping and perhaps, get my hair cut. I have a bunch of laundry to tackle as well.
Saturday I will be making an Asian Cole Slaw for the church picnic on Sunday and baking Snickerdoodles for the mission project of packing items for deployed military personnel.
The guest bathroom and powder room got a quick once over and the downstairs got vacuumed and dusted. Real housecleaning won't happen til next Tuesday - nearly a week later than usual. I have a birthday gift to wrap and pack, and surprise birthday planning to complete - the wrapping will take some time.
So, a packed short week.
The Boys are learning a new routine this week - being left alone on Tues. & Wed. for far longer than normal. So far they've handled it just great! Hoping I'm not jinxing it today by mentioning it!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I need to be updating my dossier. I don't think I'll be here for a whole lot longer. I pray that God will open up a fresh opportunity for me to serve. Such is the downside to interim ministry. It would be a grace to be a bit more stable for awhile.
But I am grateful to be serving.
Here's to short, busy weeks! They go by really fast!!!

No comments: