Wednesday, July 03, 2013

WHAT DOES GALSHIP MEAN?

I don't rightly remember just how I stumbled onto RGBPs back in the summer of 2006. But somehow by the grace of God I did. I lurked for quite some time and through the lurking got to "know" the regulars and instigators - St. Casserole, Songbird, Cheesehead - whom I miss, Lutheran Chick, Yearning for God, Spooky Rach, Quotidian Grace, and others. When I wanted to comment, I realized I also needed an identity and to be a part of some very amazing clergy women. So, I found my voice and identity as I pastored a small, rural congregation whom I since left.
Being a non-techie required some extra help in getting my blog set-up and I confess, after all this time, I still haven't got the hang of how to do everything. I still have problems posting pictures - maybe because my computer doesn't recognize my camera card and I still can't put pictures on my computer. I could use a tutorial and help from a 12 year old!!!
But these Gals have been an inspiration and encouragement in my own spiritual and faith journey. The prayers have been wonderful and upbuilding. Ideas are shared. Ask the Matriarch, helpful. Although, I have not contributed much, I have been enriched by these great women struggling, serving, loving, challenging, and triumphant souls.
I count myself blessed to be but a very small part of such a wise and faithful ring of sisters. Thank you all! What a gift and grace you have been, are and continue to be though there be miles between us, though we have never met in person, though our positions differ, though we are diverse in denomination, politics, and even understandings, there is a respect and mutual honoring one of another. Thank you. Thanks be to God for you.

4 comments:

Teri said...

I'm so grateful for you! Thanks for your voice, for your preacher party contributions, and for being you!

FYI, Cheesehead is still around but under her real name at a new blog. email me and I'll point you there.

Amy+ said...

Thanks for playing - you have had many years of Galship!

Unknown said...

St. I, send me an email and I will point you to the blogger you miss.

St. Inuksuk said...

If I could figure out how to send an email, I would!!! Duh! I guess I need the Blogging for Dummies book!!!!