Friday, April 19, 2013

RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE HEALING SPACE -

So, with the events of the violence and tragedy from the Boston Marathon fresh in our memories, I thought it would be good for us to focus on where as RevGalBlogPals, we find healing, peace and strengthening. As a chaplain, there are days where I never seem to catch my breath, and invariably, those are the days that I need it the most! So with all this in mind, share with us these healing things

1. A piece of music -
Vivaldi is very healing for me.

2. A place -
Home, because it is most accessible. However, by a lake or ocean is the most healing spot for me. There is something so
soothing in the waves lapping against the shore.

3. A favorite food (they call it "comfort food" for a reason)-
That would be chocolate, Swiss Chocolate, the kind that simply melts in your mouth the moment you put it in your mouth,
full of richness and utter goodness.

4. A recreational pastime (that you watch or participate in)-
Reading, journaling or watching TV, preferable the Big Bang Theory for an erudite laugh! Oh, stroking and petting my
wonderful greys - Jazz and Renoir!!! They are the best therapy and always make me feel better.


5. A poem, Scripture passage or other literature that speaks to comfort you.
"And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)

BONUS: People, animals, friends, family - share a picture of one or many of these who warm your heart.

1 comment:

Teri said...

oh yes, the joy of a good piece of chocolate...mmmm.....