Tuesday, November 13, 2012

END OF THERAPY -
Today was my last day of therapy, according to my insurance. In a way, I am glad not to have to endure any more bending of the knee. I bend at about 115 degrees. I can live with that. The fact remains that my quad muscle is still so very weak and I am not yet able to do stairs normally. So, I am able to pay a minimal amount for a month of wellness at the therapy place and use all their machinery. And I can use it as often as I want. I will be doing that at least for the next couple of months - going in twice a week to work on stengthening my quad.
I still wear the knee brace whenever I am outside the house - work, running errands, grocery shopping, etc. I look forward to the day when I can lose the brace. It looks like I will still need to wear it when we go on our anniversary cruise. I know the knee is not strong enough to walk through the airport concourse and all. I'm thinking I'll have to wear it on the outside of my pants, as dorky as that will look, so I don't have to take my pants off for security!!! I'd rather be safe than risk reinjurying my quad. Sigh. Three months of therapy and four months since surgery and I'm stil not back to normal. I will continue to work at it doing exercises at home and in the gym. Thanks to all the therapists who had to do what they did, even at great pain to me, in order to get me this far. I appreciate all they have done, knowing theirs is sometimes a very tough job inflicting pain on a person in order to heal them and break up all that scar tissue. For now, I must continue to be patient and determined as I do all I can to get to "normal".

No comments: