Saturday, June 23, 2012

KNEE UPDATE -
My MRI is scheduled for Monday and I now have my knee imobilizer. I forgot what
a pain it is - always slipping down.
I'm really only using it to get my leg on the couch, to get into and out of the van so that I can preach this evening and tomorrow morning.
I meet with the Orthopaedic Doc on Wed morning. I already am anticipating the worst - surgery to repair the quad muscle tear. There are just too many similiarities to the right knee 7 years ago. Only this time, I am more aware of what's going on, how to do things that I'd forgotten, and relying on the walker. Makes me feel like a really elderly person!!! But I am thankful that we kept it. I also don't think the quad is torn completely off the knee like last time, but I have been very careful with it.
So, I guess I just have to wait til Wednesday to hear the bad news of what I already fear. Just have to take it a day at a time, do what I can, and go easy with that knee.
It is an awful surgery, so painful. The most painful surgery I've ever had. I just don't want to go through that again. I pray that God will give me the strength to face what I must and for patience with myself and LH with me.
I doubt that we will be able to take our week vacation to the Beach. Perhaps, later. I know that the whole process will take 3 months. So, that will put vacation to Oct.
Will just have to wait and see. Healing prayers are most welcome. Thank you.

No comments: