Thursday, June 28, 2012

CONFIRMED!
My suspicions were right all along. I have a quad tear on the left knee and will have to undergo surgery next Tues and three months of healing and gruelling rehab. My position will end the end of July and I am hoping to preach & lead worship the last two weeks of July with a heavy, hinged leg brace.
I am not looking forward to this at all. I've been through it 7 years ago on the right knee. I know what it all entails and the pain.
After the Wed. evening potluck with program and communion yesterday, I had to get my leg in the van and one parishioner watched. After I got in, not as smoothly as I had hoped and with some pain, I simply smiled and said, "I'm in. A piece of cake!" She laughed and away I went for a painful ride home. It has been sore ever since. I may have bent the quad more than I should have. Upon getting home, I promptly took a pain pill and feel asleep for an hour or so.
Alas, LH will have a vacation week and will spend it tending his wife, cleaning house, and watering the garden, rather than being at the Lake and enjoying a change of scenery. I feel ever so bad for him. I was ready to see my sister as well and delight in being by the Lake.
It's going to be a long, hot, painful, depressing summer. I can only pray that in this time of healing, God will provide a new opportunity for me to serve. We need some income.
After going through this 7 years ago, I wouldn't have wished this on my worst enemy, and here, I will go through it all again. But, I will do all I can, because I know, that this is a temporary affliction and all the hard work of rehab will bring my movement back and tone and strengthen all my muscles. So, I should be much more toner and buff by the end of the summer!!!! There are some benefits, meager though they are.
I will trust in the healing power of my Lord, who will raise me to new life through this.


No comments: