Monday, January 02, 2012

NEW YEAR -
Dontcha just love a new year that begins so fresh and clean, so newborn, so full of hope and endless possibilities?
So far, I haven't messed up anything.
Well, except that the Eucharistic Prayer preface in my worship folder was the Easter preface instead of the Christmas preface. But, I doubt that anyone really noticed during worship, except me. Which just goes to show you that perhaps, most people aren't paying that close attention to the Eucharistic Prayer!!
Must remember that the secretary just doesn't know the ins and outs of all the liturgy. But, I never did tell her to change the prayer. Sigh. Just
have to keep working on it and pray that she gets it in time and doesn't see it as criticism of her. She's more sensitive than she lets on. And is the quirkiest church secretary I've ever worked with.
Looks like I've got some work cut out for me in this fresh new year!
After 27 years in ministry, even this low-church Presbyterian does know
a thing or two about liturgy!!
It's going to be an interesting year and I feel an Easter Vigil coming on....
Happy New Year to all. May it glisten and sparkle like fresh fallen snow with hope, possibilities and new adventures in faith!

No comments: