Tuesday, January 17, 2012

GREY DREARY DAY -
It's a soggy, rainy, grey day and I am stuck in the house as my van is getting healed. It began to make a weird whining whirr sound as I exited the interstate ramp early Sunday morning and continued down the main street and even into the church parking lot where a parishioner heard it. Interesting how these mechanical things happen not in your driveway as you return home but on the way to church and on a Sunday when there isn't much you can do about it. I drove home and it seemed ok. Late afternoon, I drove down again for a potluck and LH went with me. We heard it, though it was not as loud and really inconsistent.
However, I knew it could not be ignored. I was able to get an appointment late yesterday morning. The dealership is the closest one and they do huge volume business and even moreso after the closing of the dealership in our town. Their check in process alone is 15-20 minutes long!
Needless to say, it will be a very expensive repair - new water pump, new rack and pan for power steering, and the van won't be done 'til late afternoon today.
Being without the van today is really no big problem since I have to write a newsletter article anyway and plan for midweek Lenten program. There is no dearth of things to do at home. Mostly, I am chafing at the idea of not being able to go anywhere and being "stuck" at home. So, in a way, I have time and focus to write that article, to hem a pair of pants, and even do some reading. It all worked out as it needed to and with all the driving, my van will be
running well again.
I've taken my vitamin D, have the article well in hand, the books close by, and the sewing machine at the ready. The greys are snoozing comfortably in their beds and it's a good day to be home. LH went in to the office, so it will be nice and quiet for awhile.
May whatever this day brings be as it needs to be for you.

No comments: