Monday, January 08, 2007

RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE ON MONDAY: Birthday Redoux
It's about Birthdays!!!!

1. "It's my party and I'll [blank] if I want to..."
Favorite way to celebrate your birthday (dinner with family? party with friends? a day in solitude?)
Oooo, a day to laze around and then go out to dinner with LH.

2. "You say it's your birthday... it's my birthday too, yeah..."
Do you share your birthday with someone famous? (Click here to find out!)
Louis Comfort Tiffany
John Travolta
Vanna White
Wow, if I had the artistic ability of Tiffany, could dance like Travolta and had a figure like White, I'd be in 7th heaven!
3. "Lordy Lordy look who's forty..."
Milestone birthdays:
a) just like any other birthday--they're just numbers, people.
b) a good opportunity to look back/take stock
c) enjoy the black balloons--I'll be hiding under a pile of coats until the day is over
d) some combination of the above, or something else entirely.
a & b plus sometimes you just have to celebrate, be silly, and enjoy whatever number you are, cause you'll never be that again!

4. "Happy birthday, dear... Customer..."
Have you ever been sung to in a restaurant? Fun or cringe-worthy?
Nope, I've been spared, thankfully so. I'm too self-conscious to endure the focus.

5. "Take my birthday--please"
Tell me one advantage and one disadvantage about your particular birthday (e.g. birthday in the summer--never had to go to school; birthday near Christmas--the dreaded joint presents)
EDITED TO ADD: This could also simply be something you like/dislike about your birthday (e.g. I like sharing a birthday with my best friend, etc.).
One advantage to February is that whatever you didn't get for Christmas, you can ask for again!!!!!!!
One disadvantage is that it is often cold and snowy, no birthday cake and ice cream outside! - good excuse though to curl up on the couch with a book and the hounds, take a nap, and drink hot cocoa.

No comments: