Monday, January 15, 2007

RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE - ADMIRATION


Please count down five living people you admire and tell us a little something about why they make your list. These could be famous people or people you know personally.

5...4...3...2...1

5. Walter Wangerin, Jr. - The Lutheran pastor and author. He is as genuine in his
writing as he is in person. I have enjoyed and benefitted
so much from his writrings.

4. Joyce Rupp - another wonderful author, whom I have not met. Her writings speak
to me and so often hit the nail on the head with her prayers.

3. Our General Presbyter - She is so competent and thrives on handling conflict
and sticky situations. I wish I had more of her
confidence. I worked with her as one of our churches
had problems with their pastor. It was a good
experience and process and I got to see our GP at work.

2. Tim Jones - retired, but often still working Presbytery Exec and interim exec.
He has such a depth to him, very spiritual, a sense of humor, great
wisdom, compassion and gentleness of spirit. Yet, a strength that
dealt with some rather tough situations. I really admire him very
much.

1. Condoleeza Rice - poised, smart as a whip, articulate, and many faceted. She
seems one who can master most anything she attempts. I
admire her professionalism, her groundedness, her many
abilities in her position.

No comments: