Saturday, May 04, 2013

RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE - MAY PLAY EDITION:

It's May! And it smells so good outside. I can close my eyes and remember the golden hours after dinner as the days grew later and later, and we got to play outside until called home. It makes me want to go outside right now and play!

Of course, not all of us are in the northern hemisphere... plenty of RevGals and Pals are experiencing a season that is turning cold and blustery.

So to all of you, wherever you may be, how will you (or would you like to) play this month?

1. Tell about your favorite outdoor play
In May, I'm usually playing in the dirt! Pulling weeds, planting herbs, flowers, seeds, and tomatoes.
I do like to play croquet with the family at the Lake House, even though I usually lose.

2. Tell about your favorite indoor play
I've always like board games. However, with just LH and me, my play revolves around reading, or doing a crafty project.
I do play a dice word game from Switzerland. Just thirteen dice with letters and values and you put the dice together like
Scrabble. Course the words will be short as you join the dice together vertically and horizontally. It helps to keep my
mind thinking. Then, again, I do play a form of Solitaire on the computer way more than I should!!!

3. Tell about a game you (or your friends) created
I don't think we really created any games. We played the usual - Mother May I?; Red Light, Green Light; Freeze Tag; TV Tag;
Hide & Seek; Ghosts in the Graveyard; Kickball; and Badminton. Lots of outdoor games in Spring & Summer.

4. Tell about a game that is new to you
I played Jenga last year for the first time and lost every round up at the Lake House. For New Year's, I bought a Jenga and
my sister, BIL, LH and I played and we kept it going for a long time and the tower was really, really high. I did better
that night and didn't lose!

5. Tell how you would like to incorporate play into your workday
Sometimes, after working on items that tax the brain, I'll do a few rounds of Forty Thieves - a form of Solitaire and my
favorite - just to unwind and refocus. Or, I have gone to JoAnn, Hobby Lobby, Pat Catan's to look around and get ideas or
spark imagination. Most nights, I unwind with some TV - especially The Big Bang Theory!!!!

No comments: