Monday, August 07, 2006

BOOK MEME

I've been tagged to share 10 things about books. So here it goes:

1. One book that changed your life?
Hmm...they all touch and change my life. One that stands out
is Praying Our Goodbyes by Joyce Rupp. Although most of what she
wrote was not new, it was the way she put it and I appreciated the
prayer exercises in the very dark time of my life.

2. One book that you've read more than once?
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Just re-read it a couple
years ago. One of my favorites as well as the movie.

3. One book you'd want on a deserted island?
Naturally, the Bible. However, if I could have a book besides the
Bible, perhaps, the collected works of Mark Twain would be
entertaining and engaging.

4. One book that make you laugh?
Lake Wobegan and it's sequel by Garrison Keillor.

5. One book that made you cry?
Ragman and Other Cries of Faith by Walter Wangerin, Jr. His
writing moves me and resonnates with me like no other. And he
is just as authentic and genuine in person as in his writings.

6. One book you wish had been written?
All The Things They Don't Teach You In Seminary!

7. One book that you wish had never been written?
I'm not sure. Probably, instructions for building bombs.

8. One book you're currently reading?
A Light From Heaven by Jan Karon.

9. One book you've been meaning to read?
Which one? I've a whole stackful!!! One is The Deeper Journey, by M. Robert Mulholland, Jr.

10. Now tag 5 people to do this Book Meme.
Since I'm not sure how to do this, please bear with me.
Sighh...since I don't know how to link here are my tags:
Cheesehead in Paradise, Quotidian Grace, Will smama, Hazelnut Reflections and Lutheranchik. Hope you all can join in.

Bonus: One book I just finished reading?
The Hidden Messages in Water
by Masaru Emoto
One book I need to read?
How to do this webring stuff!!!!

1 comment:

Sally said...

Great meme- and you soon get the hang of the web-ring stuff!!!