An unexpected road trip last weekend made me aware that there are places along the route traveled where, had there been time, I would love to have stopped to visit and explore. That (missed) opportunity, coupled with a recent article in our local newspaper about things to see and do locally inspired today’s Friday Five.
If someone told you they were coming to your city/state/country for the first time, what five things would you recommend that they be sure to see or do?
1. The Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame Museum
2. Cedar Point
3. Put in Bay - is it South Bass or Middle Bass Island in Lake Erie, I forget!
4. Amish Country - and Lehman's Hardware store in Kidron, OH
5. Cleveland Museum of Art
6. The West Side Market - for produce and meats of kinds (even goat heads) and pastry
7. The Football Hall of Fame - if one is into football
8. The First Ladies Museum - for those not into football
9. The Dietrich Medical History Museum on the Case Western Reserve Campus
10. Lakeview Cemetary - Garfield Memorial and the chapel which has Tiffany Windows
There is more - Cuyahoga Valley National Park
bike the Tow Path from Cleveland to Akron for cyclists
Coschocton's old village (well there used to be more there)
Smucker's Company Store - but you can find the items less expensively
at your grocery store, most likely