With church rummage sales happening all around, here are some thoughts:
1. TREASURE: What is the best thing you’ve ever found at a rummage sale? Was it a bargain or just something you’ve longed for but couldn’t afford?
Probably a couple books when I was a child. They were just 10-25 cents a book. I was in seventh
Found an old blue ball jar but still haven't been able to pry the top off the disintegrated rubber ring.
Any ideas anyone?
2. TRASH: What is an item you couldn’t WAIT to donate to a sale like this, and then were surprised that someone not only bought it, they were so excited to have?
Hate to admit it but a couple horrendous rusty angel face ornaments that a church member had
given either LH or I for Christmas. Finally, a couple churches later and in a town an hour away
I was able to give it for the rummage sale. Also, a very oversize clear glass vase that I had
absolutely no use for also got donated. It felt wonderful to get rid of these things.
3. BUDGET: How disciplined are you at these kinds of events? Can you stick to a budget, or do you empty your wallet?
Since we have enough stuff already and the church I'm currently serving has a very trashy
rummage sale, I have only found an item or two and pay a bit more than the asking price, like
a dollar for something that is 25 or 50 cents. I did find a Hoffbrauhaus Munich beer mug stamped
Western Germany that I picked up for a Christmas present.
4. TAKE IT AWAY: What’s something you’d gladly donate right this minute if I would just come pick it up?
Probably our Queen Anne style coffee table still down in the unfinished basement. Not really
my style, but LH's.
5. TEA: Do you have a favorite tea? Or a special teapot? Tell us more!
Rooibos - a red African tea. Although it is much harder to find at the grocery store anymore.
I do have a blue teapot, but usually it's just easier to heat the water in the microwave and
brew a cuppa in a mug.
I also liked a Celestial Seasonings tea which they no longer make - red hibiscus with a touch
of cinnamon, I believe. Too bad, it was light and really nice.