Tuesday, November 12, 2013

FEELING BETTER

now that I have Advent planned out. Still working on Christmas Eve. I have even finished the newsletter article for December. Just need to write a prayer for the congregational meeting this coming Sunday.
I believe that this will be an insanely busy Advent what with Thanksgiving coming so late. I pray to be able to complete all in a timely manner and not rip all my hair out!!!
The next challenge is the annual Christmas letter reflecting a rather ordinary year. As if that isn't challenging enough, I have to write the same letter in German for several of my family in Switzerland. That one always takes a whole afternoon and the grammar hasn't gotten any better over the years! At least my relatives get the gist of what I mean!
Well, off to fill my gas tank for my commute into church tomorrow and council meeting. It's been snowing overnight and off and on this morning. Fortunately, there is only a slight accumulation and the roads seem clear.
It would be a blessing to have a slow Advent, time to savor and reflect more, but God has other plans this year!!! I shall work on keeping myself grounded in the midst of swirling activity and Christmas which will arrive only all too soon, but welcomed in spirit and heart all the same.

No comments: