Tuesday, August 07, 2012

First Therapy Session -
Let the training begin!!! I was pleased to discover that I was actually bending the knee at 48 degrees surpassing what my surgeon was asking for! The massage felt good for the most part. I still can't lift the leg though not for lack of trying. It will happen one of these days. I was doing about 90 knee slides a day and they increased it to 100. I am tired after 30. So now I am doing 3 sets of 35.
I can't believe they made me get up onto the leg press. The PT had to hold me left leg in place. My back was sore afterwards.
I get to do this all over again tomorrow. I was the only there wearing apparatus and look for the day when I can shed the leg brace which slips down throughout the day and has to be readjusted for exercises and just from gravity. I have learned that PTs are not great at putting on ace bandages and adjusting the leg brace. I do it better myself!
I was delighted to find out that I lost another 10 lbs since surgery. Yippee!!! The downside is that few of my clothes fit anymore. I will have to have more items taken in. I also have to replace dress pants and of course, regular twill pants. Sigh. And I am just not quite up to going to a store and trying on pants taking the leg brace on and off and walking through the store. One of these days, I will make the attempt.
In the meantime, I have discovered some old dresses that fit again. Like running into a long lost friend that you haven't seen in years and delighting in the reunion. It also is heartwrenching to not be able to wear some items (especially linen) that are now too big. Hopefully, those can be taken in. I fear for my fall/winter wardrobe and will have to retry some items in a couple of weeks. I'm thinking that with the therapy workouts three times a week, I will be shedding several more pounds. I have a couple of tribal print skirts for fall that I will have taken in and a floral one, since I wear them alot and love 'em.
Ordinarily, the thought of adding new pieces to my wardrobe does excite me, but I am less than thrilled with the patterns, polyester and short dresses and skirts that are being shown. I hope to find some decent items on sale - eventually. Too bad, I can't go with my sister who I won't be seeing this year. Our vacation to the Lake was postponed by the knee injury and I have a possible new position on the horizon. I will be lucky to get time off for our 25th anniversary cruise the beginning of December. I won't even have any clothes that fit for that either.
One day at a time, one week at time, and one accomplishment at a time. God will provide all that I need for God's grace is sufficient for each day.

No comments: