Friday Five: Essentials Edition
KathrynZ notes that she lacked the boots she needed to head to an area of snow and how could she be without an essential for her area. List 5 essential things needed in the area you live. Bonus: what you were wearing that made people look twice because it was out of place.
1. Snowthrower/shovel - for those big snows most winters. This year we only
fired up the snowthrower twice.
2. Central airconditioning - for those hot, humid spring, summer and fall
3. Winter coat - preferrably a warm one and hats, scarves and mittens
4. Boots - although I only had to wear my boots once this winter.
5. Yaktraks - to put on your shoes and boots to walk on ice - actually
didn't use them this winter. Did last year! Made it from
my van through the church parking lot to the church entrance.
6. Duvet - wonderful warmth in the winter. Wouldn't live without one!!
BONUS: For our Saturday night worship near Halloween, I wore black slacks,
sweater and mismatched socks - green polka dots on the left and
green stripes on the right. I thought we were going to stay for
the potluck and party when worshippers decided to go out to eat
instead. I was going to be a fool-for-Christ and had my jester's
hat, a wild tie dye T-shirt to change into. I'm sure folks wondered
about my mismatched socks - I had another pair just like them at
home in my sock drawer!!!