Thursday, April 07, 2011

You'll Forgive Me...
if I don't check in as much while running around looking and wailing like Edvard Muench's The Scream!!!!!
Not only working on Maundy Thursday with communion and Tenebrae, but also this Sunday, Palm Sunday which is also a candidate for called pastor preaching and congregational meeting date. I will also be moderating this congregational meeting. Then I am to work on Easter Sunday, Joy Sunday following that one with meetings all next week, a Mother-Daughter-Sister-Friend banquet, and a National DAy of Prayer Service thrown in for good measure.
I am making sure that the candidate looks as good as possible and the congregation is ready to move forward and I confess, I am ready to live at home again. Only I cannot rest and have to actively seek a new position. I don't even have time to update my dossier at the moment.
Exciting as the candidate is and it making for a joyous and celebratory Easter and Easter season, it will be a whirlwind of activity, not the least being, cleaning out the office, eventually and cleaning out the apartment. Uh!
I remind myself, one day at a time. That is how God has graced us, grace sufficient for each day.
I will ride off quietly into the sunset of who knows what will be next. I will need to grieve leaving this congregation as well. I have loved them and been well-loved, perhaps more than I deserve.
It will make for an interesting Holy Week!
I will most likely be here another 9 weeks, but they go in a hurry.
So, forgive me in this season of forgiveness, grace and mercy, if I am somewhat absent. I will do my best to keep my head firmly on my shoulders, and listen to the still small voice from out of the mighty blustering whirlwind of life at this time.

No comments: