Friday, April 15, 2011

RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE -BIRTHDAYS!

Jan notes, How about you? What do you think of birthdays?

1. What are your feelings about celebrating birthdays, especially your own?
It's nice to celebrate one is still alive and kicking. Enjoy receiving
cards, the occasional gift and dinner out!

2. Do you have any family traditions about birthdays?
Growing up we used to say what we'd like for dinner. Mom cooked it.
Then there would be cake with candles and the obligatory off-key,
"Happy Birthday to you..." song!
3. Is it easy to remember friends' and family members' birthdays? If so, how do you do it?
We're not a large family so I can remember the birthdays pretty
readily. As long as I don't forget to send out the birthday card!

4. What was one of your favorite birthdays? (or your unhappiest?)
My unhappiest birthday was when I turned 7. We moved two blocks up the
same street on my birthday and I couldn't have a birthday party with
my friends. I missed out on a party, cake, and gifts. I did get my
bedroom and didn't have to share one with my sister anymore, so that
was kind of a birthday gift.
My favorite was my 50th - my sister surprised me with a cruise to the
Bahamas along with my niece. IT was fun and beautiful. Enjoyed mango
coolers on deck, walking around Nassau to the historic sites and just
having a girls' weekend while it was cold, snowy and grey in OH.

5. Post anything else you want to share about birthdays, including favorite foods, songs, and/or pictures.
Usually, LH and I just go out to dinner for our birthdays. Since he
provides my birthday cake it ends up being a Hostess chocolate
cupcake with a candle in it. No left overs, no muss, no fuss. One
year we drove to Princeton Seminary for a Con Ed class on my b-day.
Spent the entire day in the car. We hurriedly light the candle on
my cupcake and blew it out fast so as not set off the sprinkler in
the room!!!

No comments: