Monday, January 14, 2008

RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE - LAS MANNANITAS

The Birthday Friday five:

1. When is your birthday? Does anyone else (famous and/or in your own life) share
it?
February 18th. John Travolta

2. Do you prefer a big party or an intimate celebration for a chosen few?
Haven't really celebrated my birthday much in many years. Pretty quiet affairs with LH and a dinner out.

3. Describe your most memorable birthday(s) - good, bad or both.
There's been a few: When I turned 7, we moved on my birthday into a new house just 2 blocks up the same street. I didn't get party that year.
A few years ago, LH and I drove to Princeton Seminary on my birthday for a continuing ed seminar and spent the whole day in the car. Had dinner at a nice restaurant in Princeton and had a Hostess cupcake with a candle in it for my Birthday cake.
When I turned 41, my Dad was dying of lymphoma. I was in Chicago at my sister's where Dad was staying. My niece came in from college for a long weekend to be with the family. We three girls managed a to go for a nice luncheon at a tea place. I bought my sister a mug and she bought me one - same style, different design on it. To this day, I use that mug every Saturday morning! It was a sad birthday but also special that we three girls were together. It was hard to really celebrate when our hearts ached so about losing our beloved Dad. He died about 2 weeks later.

4. What is your favorite cake and ice cream? (Bonus points if you share teh cake recipe) Or would you rather have a different treat altogether?
That would be chocolate layer cake of some kind - Pepperidge Farm used to
have a frozen one that was quite good. And, of course, Chocolate Moose Tracks ice cream to go with it!!!

5. Surprise parties: love 'em or hate 'em?
Never had a surprise party. Gave some though. I guess it would be kinda fun to have a surprise party.

BONUS: Describe your ideal birthday - the sky's the limit?
I would enjoy champagne brunch with my whole family (LH, sister, BIL, niece and nephew).
On a more realistic note, just a day to sleep in, putter around, read, play with the camera, write, and just laze about. Then to have a nice dinner out with LH.

No comments: