Saturday, April 14, 2007

RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE - DENTAL EDITION

Due to a couple RGBP's recent dental experiences, we are invited to share ours.

1. Are you a regulat patron of dentist's office? Or do you go
a) faithfully as long as you have insurance or
b) every few years or so, whether you need it or not or
c) dentist?What is this "dentist" thing you speak of?

I've been a and b. Lately I make it once a year. That's plenty for me.

2. Whatever became of your wisdom teeth?

One became impacted in my first year in Seminary. So that late spring/early summer
was my first trip to oral surgeon to get it out. I left the other three in.
Had trouble with the other 2 uppers about two years ago and had them removed one
at a time three weeks apart. One went much easier than the other. Ughhhhhhh.
Still have a lower one left and it's ok for now.

3. Favorite thing to eat that's BAAAAD for your teeth?

Before my crown last year, it was Purdy's Sweet Georgia Browns. Basically a
a gourmet turtle with really good chocolate, fresh pecans and really gooey
caramel. I don't dare touch those anymore with my crown. Although...I could
eat them on the other side of my mouth...

4. Ever had oral surgery. Commiserate with me.

Just the wisdom tooth removal in first year Seminary. That was the first
time I ever had novacaine. The dentist I had growing up filled our cavaties
without novacaine. Probably explains why I am such a chicken at the dentist
anymore. Maybe, you just feel things more when you're older. I remember the
oral surgeon remarking on the lack of scar tissue from any novacaine shots!

5. "I'd rather have a root canal than a __________."

I'd rather have a root canal than jump out of plane!

Bonus - Does your dentist recomment Trident?

My recommends flossing. He's never recommended gum. But I think chewing
sugarless gum has cut down on cavaties by cleaning the teeth after eating.
But, hey, I'm no dentist!!!

No comments: