Friday, January 23, 2015

RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE: WHINING IN THE WINTER WONDERLAND

1. Winter: What do you think about it in general? Do you love it? Hate it? Or say, “meh – it’s just another season!”
     Generally, I do like some winter, as long as it is not an arctic freeze and there isn't feet of snow from December until March. I love the way the snow falls softly muting everything and coating grasses, bushes and trees, or the way on a really cold sunny morning, the snow glitters in the sunlight.

2. Footwear: Show us or tell us about your favorite winter shoes/boots.
       Pretty basic really, some over the ankle short nylon boots (KMart specialers!) that accommodate
 my bunions!!! Otherwise, I just wear my old, Timberland thick soled and treaded mules with warm
socks. I'd love another pair, but just haven't found any that don't hurt and are thick soled enough.

3. Discuss: Pedicures in winter – necessity or silly?
     I don't bother. Nobody sees them buried in socks and shoes and boots. Gives my toenails a chance
to breathe all winter long. Although a pedi would feel really good at any time of year!

4. Toasty toes: Whether you knit your own or buy them, tell us what socks keep your feet toasty warm!
      Mostly I wear cashmere blend socks to wear with my corduroy and wool pants. They really do
keep my feet warmer. Just wish they made more in ivory and beige and not just black and grey.
I have a pair of beige alpaca blend socks that are truly warm and soft but they don't stay up very
well. I save those for extremely bitter days when I have to go grocery shopping.

5. Driving me crazy: What do you wish the drivers around you would do to make travel during the winter months a little less nutty?
     Slow down! Maintain a safe distance! Just because you drive an SUV doesn't make any safer
to go 70 + miles an hour when the interstate is snow covered! I hate it when drivers are too close behind me, because if I have to stop due to the person ahead of me, they'll be hitting my back end.
I always allow more distance between me and the car ahead in winter if there's snow on the road.

BONUS: What’s the weather like out there? Share a picture so we can shiver or be jealous!
    Today it's around 35 F - so not too cold but it's a grey day. We have more grey days in winter
than just about anywhere.

No comments: