With Spring just 5 weeks away,
1) What do you anticipate with the coming of spring?
Oh, I hate to say it - a very busy Lent/Holy Week/Easter season.
On the fun side - gardening, putting in the herbs and tomatoes, planting red geraniums
on the front porch flower boxes. The crocuses that will bloom and how, one by one,
everything comes to bloom!
2) Is there anything you will miss about winter?
At this juncture with the frigid cold and snow, nothing really!
3) Is there an occasion on the horizon to which you’re looking forward?
A baby shower for my nephew and wife - I'll be a great Auntie!!!
4) Do you have a favorite spring memory?
Swinging from the swing set as high as I could with the cherry tree in full bloom and fresh
clean laundry hanging from the clothesline outsides. Don't know why this image pops up.
Perhaps, the blossoming cherry tree, perhaps warm enough to be outside, perhaps, the
freedom and carefreeness of swinging and only 5 or 6 years old, perhaps, the fun of
seeing the clothes flapping in the breeze with the sun shining. It was a beautiful day.
5) Do you have a favorite spring flower/bloom, and if so, what makes it special to you?
I really like several. Purple crocuses - because they are the first to bloom here adding
a rich purple and orange color.
Daffodils - for the sunshiny yellow.
Hyacinths - for their pink and purple color
Grape hyacinth - for their daintiness and purple hue
Peonies - their thick, gorgeous colorful blooms