Monday, February 18, 2008

HAAPY BIRTHDAY! (Happy - I really do know how to spell!)

Today's my birthday and I've got a 12 hour day with Worship Committee and Session meeting tonight. Oh Joy! I did bake brownies for the Session meeting complete with frosting and confetti sprinkles.
This is the last year in my 40th decade.
*I've noticed that my hair is grayer and doesn't take on color as well nor retain it as long. (sigh)
*The skin around my neck is not as firm as it used to be. (Yikes!)
*12 hour days really do me in - hope I can survive VBS week with 3 back-to-back 12 hour days.
*I don't remember things as well any more. (Big sigh!)
*It takes me longer to do less.
*Some aches and pains are mostly just annoying rather than anything really painful.
*I've fallen asleep on the couch waiting for the news to come on. (I thought only old people did that!)
*There are some clothes I just won't wear - really deep V'd dresses, sweaters, tops, etc. I really don't want to look slutty and I have so much padding already, who needs to wear a cami underneath, and I don't like the look of an inset in the V. Would clothing manufacturer's get over it already and bring the V up a little? I'm not too much of a frump - just modest.
*My skin sometimes seems drier. So, it's slap on the moisturizer!
*Have to pumice my feet and heels more often.
*My birthday wish - that I could wear cute shoes and not have my feet and bunions hurt!!!!
I hope to celebrate many more birthdays and all the changes they bring!

2 comments:

Psalmist said...

Happy Birthday! We were born just days apart; my birthday is next Sunday and I'll be entering the last year of my 40th decade also.

We share some of the same observations, too. I've given up on trying to color my hair, though.

May you at least dream of cute shoes and most of all, may this be the best year of your life!

Happy Birthday!

Sue said...

Belated Happy Birthday wishes! I've had a super busy week and am just catching up on blogs now.