Monday, February 05, 2007

BRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............

I can't remember it ever being THIS cold!!! I pulled out from the garage where the reading in my van said, 19 degrees, by the time I turned out of the development the numbers tumbled down to 0. When I crossed the RR tracks, it was -2, and at the first stop sign, it settled in at -3.
It's time to go out and I'n not looking forward to stepping out even if the sun is shining. The van won't even heat by the time I get to the old folk's home barely a mile away.
How I long to join my greys on the couch, snoozing and catching up on my reading. All the schools were cancelled and probably will tomorrow as well. The teachers are off. Sigh. When do Pastor's get an extra day off, or a freebie day off? We don't even get all the holidays off. There's New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. Well, I suppose 6 out 10 isn't too bad. It's just a long time from New Year's to Memorial Day!
Oh well, time to start piling on the coat, hat, scarf and gloves. I forgot to put on my boots this morning and I miss the fuzzy warmth on my feet!
This arctic cold is a bit too much for me. A trip to the Caribbean sounds wonderful right now!!!!!! Dreaming of palm trees, sand and surf and the warmth of the sun, and the warmth of the sun.

No comments: