Wednesday, March 11, 2020

LENT

In the middle of Lent and still working on Good Friday service, haven't started Maundy Thursday service, let alone Easter and Joy Sunday.
    I did get an idea for May First Friday, so that is good.
   I could just use a day this week to work. But serving 2 churches part-time with one church nearly 3/4 time doesn't leave me much extra time in a week. Still have to prepare Confirmation Classes,
and Tues. evening Bible Studies.
   This coming Monday doesn't leave much time either. Work on sermon, council report, snack @ noon, leave for committal at national cemetery, back to church for brief remarks, prayer, & scripture, lunch, go home. Come back for evening council meeting with church redevelopment/mission statement discussion and then the meeting. Get home, do dishes, make salad for lunch next day, catch 11 pm news and crawl into bed.
  Sigh.
  That's kinda how my life is. I miss being able to reflect more deeply and fully. To allow the Spirit to work within me. Everything is hurry and go, go, go. I'm more of a plodder, ambler, stroller than a runner, sprinter, fast walker. I want time to reflect, to notice, to see. It's no wonder, I get so tired.  
   But we have bills to pay; mortgage, insurance - especially medical insurance which is nearly a third of our income! How insanely crazy is that?
   Just feeling old and tired, used up and worn out.
   Lord, help me to do all that needs to be done, to tend to the things and people who need tending. Grant me energy, enthusiasm and endurance for this Lent and Holy Week. Be with me. Amen.

No comments: