Thursday, January 23, 2020

DON'T KNOW WHY

I am feeling so uninspired lately. It was as if after all the Advent/Christmas planning and activity just sucked all the creativity out of me, and here I am staring at Lent, Holy Week and Easter wondering
just what I am going to do. This after a week of annual report, church newsletter writing, and an on-again, off-again funeral/committal with the widow in the hospital.
   I have been praying to God that by God's Holy Spirit to bring me inspiration, but I am still waiting.
   I have VBS on the back burner and how I will make the bible stories interactive. We have community First Fridays coming up with May being Chocolate and Art. Last year, I bought a bunch of brightly colored fabric and a parishioner who quilts, cut the fabric into small rectangles (5" x 8") and sewed an open hem on one side so that string could be threaded through. With markers and flags we invited whoever stopped during First Friday to make a prayer flag - draw or write something positive to send out into the community. We hung them outside the front of the church for a couple of months. Everyone seemed to enjoy that activity.
   That is a hard one to top! So what do I do this year? I some thought of somehow weaving strips of ribbon together or perhaps something with yarn. I'm looking for ideas, if you have any?
   Maybe, the creativity isn't flowing because I don't have enough time even to think and by evening I am too tired. I could've slept longer and later this morning, and no, I am not sick.
    I desperately want to do something small, simple and creative for Holy Week, Easter, Joy Sunday and for the May First Friday. I also know that I can't force it either. I don't have time to be patient!!!!!!!!!!!(Funny, huh?!) The weeks are going by and here it is just a week away from the
end of January.
    Oh, that something feasible would begin to flow and birth into being!
    Come, Holy Spirit, Come! Inspire me, energize me, lift me up from the lifeless dullness and tiredness - perhaps, acedia. Come, Holy Spirit Come!

No comments: