Wednesday, May 15, 2019

WHY IS IT

that everytime I turn around it's time for yet another newsletter article? I simply can't believe how quick a month goes by and that is that newsletter deadline hanging over my head! And then I agonize over what I should write or say. Sometimes, I believe I overthink it all and in the end agonize too much over it. Some months, the writing flows freely and others, it's like wringing water from a
stone! Maybe, with getting the thank you's to our teachers - one Sunday School teacher, 1 who taught Confirmation Class while I was out, and 1 who taught the Tues. evening Bible Study class while I was, and getting the Confirmation Gifts together for June 2nd, and that I became a great-aunt again, has meant much going on and little focus.
  My niece gave birth(through C-section) to identical twin girls - Simone and Maya. All are well and healthy, although, Maya is still in NICU and hopefully, will be able to go home the end of the week.
They had to pass a lung test before they could go home. They arrived early and were around 5 lbs. each. I never thought my niece would ever marry and three years ago she did and I officiated. Then with residency and her age (middle thirties) we never thought she'd have kids - and the over-achiever that she is, had two in one shot!!!!
   There was the baby shower in Chicago at The Drake with grandmas and old aunties, but such a lovely tea and time together with my niece, sister, and family friends. It was a whirlwind weekend, but was good for the soul.
   But, now my focus must be on the newsletter.
   I pray for divine inspiration and a bit more breathing room between the deadlines!

No comments: