Friday, February 06, 2015

RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE:THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!

1) Are you a cake or pie person? What type do you savor on your big day?
      Definitely cake! Especially a chocolate cake. Our local grocer has a triple chocolate that is
      so divinely good!

2) Growing up, did you have a favorite “birthday meal?” How about now?
      Probably was spaghetti. We could pick a favorite meal and Mom would make it.
      Now, I'm happy with dinner reservations!!!!! (No cooking, no clean-up)

3) What birthday traditions or rituals from younger days have followed you into adulthood?
       Putting a candle in a cake or cupcake, making a wish and blowing it out. Receiving
       birthday cards. Other than that, it's a pretty quiet day. This year my birthday is on Ash
       Wednesday - kind of killjoy. I suppose we will have dinner out on Friday. But I will still
       have a piece of chocolate cake with a candle on it when I get home after worship!
           Now, I like to go shopping around my birthday time like to Macy's. (It used to be
       Coldwater Creek but sadly, they no longer exist!). Or I may order something on line
       I've had my eye on as a special treat.
  
4) What’s the most memorable gift or celebration you ever received for your birthday?
        When I turned 50, my sister and niece and I went on a cruise to the Caribbean. It was
         a chilly February even there. We couldn't go in the ocean, but we had blast on board
         and walking through Nassau and spending time girl time together. That was THE best
         present ever and one I hold close in heart. I love my sister! (and my niece!)

5) How do you like to celebrate others on their day?
        Usually a card and a phone call since we live far apart. My sister, niece and nephew
         always get a present. With LH, he gets a dinner out, a card, cake and candles. He's
       just to hard to buy for.

No comments: