Tuesday, October 07, 2014

MONDAY MEET N GREET

OK, it's really Tuesday. I had a very full Monday and simply didn't have time. Interesting, that my star word for the year was "Time". I went from having extra time to little to no time at all. This week I won't even get a day off. Ministry is like that at times.
   For the Meet N Greet:
 Generally we live in NE OH not far from the Rubber City. Although I am Presbyterian, I am serving two different denominations in two different capacities: an interim at an ELCA church, and associate pastor of visitation at a Methodist church. I am married to a Lutheran pastor, hence, I call him, LH.
We were neither blessed or grace with children, but are guardians of two greyhounds.
  For fun, I garden a wee bit - small herb garden and only 8 tomatoes this summer due to the coolish summer and our one greyhound snatching green and yellow tomatoes off the vine and eating them - ripping of branches which made for scrawny vines. I play a type of Solataire on the computer and read when I can and not too tired. Oh, and watch Big Bang Theory a lot!
   The last book I read, was A Nearly Perfect Copy, and I can't remember the author. I really wanted to like the characters, but had a hard time with it. I really wanted them to be better people in the end. It didn't really happen. Although, it was an interesting read.
   I happened upon RevGals in June of '05 or '06 and lurked for awhile until the desire to leave a comment compelled to begin this blog. I have enjoyed the stories, experiences and support shown through RG. There is a diversity and yet it is supportive. It's been a meaningful journey, meeting clergy or church related women and their challenges and joys. Our calling is not easy, but here we can share, groan, laugh, and be in prayer with and for another. Thanks to all of you. Blessings be upon you and your ministry.

No comments: