Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Where Will I Go From Here...

 only God knows. Found out the Call Committee of L church is having a second interview with a candidate next Mon. evening. I should be given 30 days notice after the call has been issued and accepted.

So conceivably, this interim could end within 8 weeks. That still means having Ash Wednesday service but I would be gone before Lent is over. More's the pity, I would've loved to see the sanctuary all repaired and repainted. I might still be able to slip in to see it.

Where I go from here will be anyone's guess. I pray God has one more interim for me before retirement. I pray that it will be less than one hour commute. I pray I still have something to offer. 

I am tired and weary and know this interim lasted far too long. They need to move one and so do I. But it will be bittersweet as usual. I've gotten to know and love them. I've gotten to feel comfortable in the worship space and being there. I've gotten comfortable with the short commute. But it's time. Ministry is never really about feeling comfortable for too long. God keeps us moving lest we get too complacent, too full of ourselves.

I have a whole bunch of stuff to clean out! Not my favorite thing to do, but things have accumulated over time. Sigh. I'll get there. Just hate to leave the confirmation kids 3/4 of the year through, but that's the life of an interim, you don't always get to choose the timing. They will survive.

I just pray that God will provide another position for me, just one more. 

No comments: