Tuesday, September 01, 2020

On Another Note Altogether

 is anyone else struggling with how to do Christmas Eve services this year with COVID19?

   Normally, where I serve we do a lessons & carols service with either a short sermon or reflections with each lesson. I have found that most people simply want to hear the message of Christmas through Scripture and beloved carols. 

    With the pandemic, we cannot host 187 at a worship service and there can be no singing - which really impacts the close of worship with candlelighting and singing, Silent Night. 

    I'm hoping to hearing ideas on how to make Christmas still like Christmas given the constraints we live under at this time. so comment or direct me to creative ideas. They would be gratefully welcomed. I am at such a loss.

1 comment:

Teri said...

I have been wondering this same thing and haven't yet managed to figure it out!
(I linked this post in today's RevGals e-reader, and then realised I wasn't sure if you have your real name attached to your blog at all, nor whether you are in our Facebook group, so I didn't try to tag you there as I normally tag our writers, but you can let me know if you're ok being public!)