Monday, June 22, 2020

WHERE DOES TIME GO?

Here it is well into June with July soon to come and time has gotten away from me.
Which seems, perhaps, a bit ironic since my schedule is no where near as hectic now as it was
before COVID19.
   Somehow, I guess we just settle into  a new routine.
   We've been live streaming our simple worship on Facebook and are looking to reopen in person
worship on July 5th. We will social distance, strongly encourage masks, no singing, and we have
sealed communion wafer and juice cups. It will be different and I wonder how many will actually
come. We are holding off on Sat. evening worship, since we projecting the bulletin and responses, hymns, etc. on the screen. It's not fair to ask that person to be there every Sat & Sun.
   I'm putting together Staycation VBS with PC(USA) material I found and low cost. Will stuff them with some small take-aways as I customize for each family.
   Still have July newsletter article to write, although I selected the hymns for July! Yay! Done!
   The worst has been that I caught my right fingertip in the sliding door of my van.. It just kinda
rolled closed, not a hard slam, but enough to hurt like...uhm...I'm not gonna say it! I shook it off,
went to the office typed on it, etc. for the next few days. Then I noticed a growing hematoma, on
my fingertip a bit under the nail. Oh, good Lord, how my finger would hurt, as it came in waves of intense pain. It didn't help that sometimes I bumped it while doing dishes, or against a counter, or
whatever. It hurt worse and worse sometimes it was all I could do not to pull my hair out. After 2 weeks, I went to the Doc. - antibiotics, e-ray; revealing I broke a chip of my finger tip bone.
Another visit to Doc, who used local by shot 3 times into my hurting finger and grubbed around, but
little puss. MRI and more antibiotics. Got referred to hand Dr. who didn't think I had a bone infection, just nerve damage along with the chipped bone. Pain meds that work pretty well for the most part and finger therapy exercises and vaseline on the damaged/healing tissue. It is getting better, although still so painful. Some of the calloused skin peeled off revealing new - like baby skin and it is soooo tender.
   This has hindered my typing, weeding, and doing all sorts of things so I don't bump my finger.
I do do dishes wearing a cleaning glove. It is now heading into week 7. Cripe! Who knew it
would take so long, although I am mostly thankful that there wasn't a bone infection as my Doc thought from the MRI. What a major relief!
  Things will pick up a bit in July - reopening worship a wedding and a baptism. Confirmation will be in August with 4 youth. Kinda glad it's so late as we had to wait on backordered crosses and the
other place only sent 3 of the 4 we ordered. We will recognize SS teachers in August as I get their
thank-you bags together.
   I'm so ready for a vacation! But very limited in where we can go, so to WI, the land of cheese and brats we go and visit with my sister and BIL. Just a few days to get away and have a change in
scenery. I want to do nothing but read and soak up a little sun and see the ever-changing Lake Michigan which is so high they have lost beach access - if there was a beach anymore. Still,
cedar trees and the lake are soothing.
   Time goes by whether we stay at home more or are running at a hectic pace. May God bless
our time and may we not waste too much of it.

No comments: