Friday, August 23, 2019

YOU JUST NEVER KNOW...

who you'll run into on your day off!
   So, I got up this morning to a beautiful sunny day with temps about 67 degrees. It's up to about 73 now. I put on my flamingo really deep pink crop pants from Talbots outlet store that fit like a dream with side elastic insets, and a tri pink, orange chevron print crinkle cotton shirt and my Skechers stretchy bands with hot pink, lime green, blue, black and yellow space dyed sandals. Cool enough today to wear the crop pants.
   Then I headed out to run my errands - bank, Dollar Store and W-Mart. It goes without saying that I was one of the best dressed people in W-Mart!
    If there was one thing I learned by watching What Not to Wear, it was not to go out wearing your sweatsuit! Many things I already knew, but often on my day off, I would venture out a bit more in leisurely wear. I still dress casual - jeans and a shirt, etc. But, ditched the fleece or knit pants ages ago.
   Since serving the church here in the town where I live, it's even more important to dress nice casual because you never know who you'll run into at a store. This morning, I ran into a parishioner and flest good about being color coordinated (which I am anyway) and nicely dressed. I've run into parishioners before, sometimes over the lunch hour or right after work when dressed for work. But when it's your day off and you just want to be comfortable, it pays to dress nicely anyway.
   I save my favorite Duluth stretch grey crops for being around the house and working in the garden. I wear my stretchy pants and sloppy shirts at home in the evenings when I just relax and lounge around, or quick run to the recycling bins where I'm not apt to meet anyone.
   I also brought my own bags into W-Mart which hopefully folks notice and remind them to use reusable bags instead of the plastic single-use bags.
   No, I'm not tooting my own horn, but just observing that one can be an example to others and still be professional in a casual way, without wearing flannel or stretchy skin-tight leggings to the store
and embarrass our profession as clergy women. Maybe, black leggings if you are skinny enough!
   So, I felt good today wearing a favorite outfit and knowing that being seen by others would
not be an embarrassment! Because you just never know who you'll  run into.
 

No comments: