Monday, June 08, 2015

RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE: HITHER AND YON

Share with us:
1) a favorite city, and what makes it so.
       One of my favorite cities is Lucerne, Switzerland. It is nestled on the Vierwaeldstaedersee between mountains. It is picturesque with the lake and mountains, buildings, swans and the long
wooden bridge.

2) a favorite getaway spot, far from the maddening crowd (far being a relative term).
        My sister's lake house on Lake Michigan. It's right on the water, there's a bit of beach,
        a small state park just two houses down and it is quiet, healing, wonderful place to be to
        refresh my spirit.

3) a great local eatery that you stumbled upon while passing through from one place to another.
       One our way up to above lake house, up in Kenosha, WI, along the highway there is a place
       I spied one year as we were ready for lunch - Sparti's. It is a Greek restaurant and they have
       the best Gyros around. We stop there every time we make our way to the lake house.

4) a landscape that inspires or nourishes you.
        That would be on a beach or shoreline of a lake or the ocean. I love the water and it soothes
         me, fascinates me and is ever changing in color or activity. Water speaks to my spirit.

5) a place you long to visit.
        I would love to go back to Greece sometime. But also, to go to Alaska and do a cruise/land
        tour but on a smaller scale than the really big vessels. One day....

No comments: