Monday, December 15, 2008

RGBP'S FRIDAY FIVE: WINDOWS OF THE SOUL:

1. What color are your beautiful eyes? Did you inherit them or pass them on to
anyone in your family?
Deep, dark brown that melts into the iris. I inherited my Grandma H's eyes.
Sometimes when I look in the mirror, I can see her looking at me. I'm
very glad to have her eyes - they twinkled and were warm with love.

2. What color eyes would you choose if you could change them?
When I was younger, I wanted green eyes.

3. Do you wear glasses or contacts? What kind? Like 'em or hate 'em?
Glasses - tri-focals for the middle-aged fogey!!!!
I updated them this year with a rectangular frame. Love the
frames. Hate the non-glare lenses that seem much fussier than
regular lenses.

4. Ever had or contemplated laser surgery? Happy with the results?
Nope. Waiting 'til it absolutely has to be done. When I'm an old fogey,
should I be blessed to live that long!!!!

5. Do you like to look people in the eye or are you more eye-shy?
I tend to be more eye-shy, but know that in my profession, I attempt to make
eye contact and work on it. Actually, when administering communion, especially
by intinction when folks come up to receive, I look each one in the eye with
a love that is beyond me - with Christ's love. They are the ones who usually
look away as though they can't bear such grace.

BONUS: Share a poem, song or prayer that relates to eyes or seeing.
"Open my eyes that I may see, glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key, that shall unclasp and set me
free. Silently now I wait for thee. Ready, my God, thy will to see;
Open my eyes, illumine me, Spirit divine! (Clara Scott)

No comments: